Therapists: I Need Help, but Please Go Away

Therapists have been getting back to me and I don't like facing this choice-.  This feels like setting up a date.   The ones I was most excited about on paper aren't taking new patients and have recommended me to their partners.   Some never returned my email.  Others have contacted me and are rushing into setting up regular appointments when I just want to have a consultation.   

People with ADHD, we just want to choose and move forward.  I know this is an important choice, so I'm making myself be careful, but the research quickly becomes overwhelming.  Having therapists come back with even more choices... argh.   At this point I'm inclined to just quit and wait for them to go away, but I'm committed to giving therapy a shot.   On I go.  




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ADHD Help Starts With Small Steps

Baseline Your ADHD Symptoms To Improve Therapy

Time to Face My ADHD Demon